Former Waiawa inmates plead not guilty to escape charges | Crime
The four men who escaped from the Waiawa Community Correctional Facility last month appeared in Circuit Court Thursday morning via video camera from the Oahu Community Correctional Facility.
Elijah Keakahumoku, Jordan White, David Carvalho, Jr. and Thomas George pled not guilty to charges of second degree escape.
The four men were discovered missing on June 26 when guards did a routine head count. They were recaptured June 27, capping a two-day island-wide manhunt.
Their trial is scheduled for the week of Sept. 6.
If convicted, the men could get up to five years added to their sentence.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Keiki Bicycle Safety Rodeo at Kapolei Library on May 18
- HSPLS Continues Internet PC Reservations Upgrade: 6 Oahu Libraries Start May 13
- Mayor Caldwell announces town hall meeting schedule
- Wahiawa Library Will Offer New Thursday Evening Storytime Starting April 18
- Learn About Medicare Abuse Prevention at Two Oahu Libraries in April and May