Hawaii affiliate of Susan G. Komen celebrates Breast Cancer Awareness Month with observances | Events
The following information is provided by Chimaine Pouteau:
Honolulu, HI (September 19, 2012) – Help end breast cancer forever by joining the Hawaii Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for a month of breast cancer awareness events.
Join us for the following:
- Sunday, October 7th, Celebration of Life Service, 9:45 a.m. at Trinity Missionary Baptist Church: Honoring the journey of cancer survivors through praise, hope, faith and love.
- Sunday, October 21, Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure at Kapio‘lani Park, 7:00 a.m.: More than 7,500 runners and walkers are expected at Kapio‘lani Park on Sunday, October 21, 2012, for the 18th annual Susan G. Komen Hawai‘i Race for the Cure. Our theme this year is Empowered @18 – Together, We Make a Difference. The Race for the Cure celebrates breast cancer survivors, remembers those lost to breast cancer, and reminds us that we only reach the finish line when we find a cure. For more information or to register, call 808-754-6659 or visit www.komenhawaii.org.
- Friday, October 6th, Pink Pamper Event, 5:30-9:00 p.m. at Trinity Missionary Baptist Church; 6:00-7:00 p.m. Pink Hour and 7:00-9:00 p.m. free pampering services: An evening of relaxation, encouragement and pampering for breast cancer survivors and guest. All breast cancer survivors are welcome to attend.
Trinity Missionary Baptist Church Women’s Ministry, University of Hawaii Cancer Center and The Hawai‘i Affiliate of Susan G. Komen are proud to host our Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Observance Event “More Than a Survivor Weekend,” October 6-7, 2012. Our focus this year will be on survivors, with a theme of “More than a Survivor – Celebration of Life.” The purpose of our Survivor Weekend Events will be to honor our survivors’ journeys, offer support, encouragement and make our survivors feel special.
Survivors and guest will receive mini-makeovers, haircuts, hairstyles, massages, mini pedicures/manicures, facials and much more during this special pampering event. For information, please call Linda Mitchell at (808) 781-2690 or Kathy Morris at (808) 385-9535 or Trinity Missionary Baptist Church at 422-8622.
For more information about Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and the Komen Hawaii Affiliate, visit www.komenhawaii.orgNancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever, and in 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen for the Cure. The Hawaii Affiliate is part of the world’s largest and most progressive grassroots network fighting breast cancer. Through events like the Komen Hawaii Race for the Cure, the Hawaii Affiliate has invested $1.5 million in community breast cancer programs in the state. Up to 75 percent of net proceeds generated by the affiliate stays in Hawaii. The remaining 25 percent funds national breast cancer research. For more information, call 808-754-6659 or visit www.komenhawaii.org.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Attend American Jazz and Bossa Nova Music Workshop at Mililani Library
- RevoluSun presents Free Neighborhood Solar Q&A event for Wahiawa Residents on November 16
- RevoluSun presents Free Neighborhood Solar Q&A event for Waipahu Residents on November 20
- Meet Author of "Today's Thought" at Mililani Library on Nov. 23
- "Furoshiki" Craft Workshop Offered at Waipahu Library on Nov. 13
- See Two Free Movies at Ewa Beach Library on February 24
- Learn More About Navigating Through New Solar Rules at a Free Solar Open House in Ewa Beach
- Emergency responders to conduct training exercises in Ewa
- See "Despicable Me 2" at Ewa Beach Library on Jan. 28
- Children's Author Will Read Christmas Book at Ewa Beach Library