Special Olympics athletes compete in soccer, bocce ball tournaments | Events
This weekend marks the end of the summer season for Hawaii's Special Olympics athletes.
More than 400 are competing in the Aukake Classic.
Athletes kicked off the first round of the soccer and bocce ball tournament at Waiau District Park.
They've been training for this moment for months.
"The athletes are looking forward to this, they look forward to this every year, they work hard during the season. Coaches have been training with them the whole year, and then after this we move into our next season where we do basketball and bowling and we have our state games for that in December", said Special Olympics Hawaii spokesperson Dan Epstein.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Attend American Jazz and Bossa Nova Music Workshop at Mililani Library
- RevoluSun presents Free Neighborhood Solar Q&A event for Wahiawa Residents on November 16
- RevoluSun presents Free Neighborhood Solar Q&A event for Waipahu Residents on November 20
- Meet Author of "Today's Thought" at Mililani Library on Nov. 23
- "Furoshiki" Craft Workshop Offered at Waipahu Library on Nov. 13