See "Real Steel" at Aiea Library on Feb. 9 | Events
“Real Steel,” the 2011 futuristic action movie starring Hugh Jackman and Evangeline Lilly, will be shown at Aiea Public Library on Thursday, February 9 at 5:30 p.m. The free screening will be conducted in the Meeting Room.
“Real Steel” is a high-tech boxing story featuring 8-foot-tall, 2,000 pound steel robots that battle-it-out in the ring. According to Betsy Sharkey, Los Angeles Times film critic, “‘Real Steel’ is ‘Rocky’ with robots that look like ‘Transformers,’ managed by a ‘Raging Bull’ washout in need of a ‘Cinderella Man’ comeback that’s complicated by ‘The Champ’ and ‘Paper Moon’ sorts of parent-child issues, with a sweet bit of ‘Wall-E’-styled scrap metal who never pulls his punches.” “Real Steel” is rated PG-13.
The Friends of Aiea Public Library is sponsoring the program which is suitable for ages 12 and older. Refreshments will be served while supplies last.
Contact the Library as soon as possible if a sign language interpreter or other special accommodation is needed.
Aiea Public Library is located at 99-143 Moanalua Road. For more information, please call the Library at 483-7333
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Celebrate National Library Week - See Double Feature at Ewa Beach Library on April 14
- Ewa Beach Crush Football/Cheer
- See Two Free Movies at Ewa Beach Library on February 24
- Learn More About Navigating Through New Solar Rules at a Free Solar Open House in Ewa Beach
- Emergency responders to conduct training exercises in Ewa
- Prevent Child Abuse Hawaii Invites Community to Share a Bear at Windward Mall
- Kaneohe Library Offers Free April Storytimes and Screening of "Frozen"
- Kaiser Permanente Offers Hearing Health Seminar at Koolau Medical Office
- Windward Mall Springs Forward with April Events
- How Mark Towill raised $20M for a boat race