See "Real Steel" at Aiea Library on Feb. 9 | Events
“Real Steel,” the 2011 futuristic action movie starring Hugh Jackman and Evangeline Lilly, will be shown at Aiea Public Library on Thursday, February 9 at 5:30 p.m. The free screening will be conducted in the Meeting Room.
“Real Steel” is a high-tech boxing story featuring 8-foot-tall, 2,000 pound steel robots that battle-it-out in the ring. According to Betsy Sharkey, Los Angeles Times film critic, “‘Real Steel’ is ‘Rocky’ with robots that look like ‘Transformers,’ managed by a ‘Raging Bull’ washout in need of a ‘Cinderella Man’ comeback that’s complicated by ‘The Champ’ and ‘Paper Moon’ sorts of parent-child issues, with a sweet bit of ‘Wall-E’-styled scrap metal who never pulls his punches.” “Real Steel” is rated PG-13.
The Friends of Aiea Public Library is sponsoring the program which is suitable for ages 12 and older. Refreshments will be served while supplies last.
Contact the Library as soon as possible if a sign language interpreter or other special accommodation is needed.
Aiea Public Library is located at 99-143 Moanalua Road. For more information, please call the Library at 483-7333
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mililani Library Offers Special Events and Award-winning Movie in June
- Wahiawa Library Offers Free Events and Taiko Performance this Summer
- Army to host July 4th event for military members, families
- Geobunga hosts free water features workshop, June 8
- Keiki Bicycle Safety Rodeo at Kapolei Library on May 18