See "Real Steel" at Aiea Library on Feb. 9 | Events
“Real Steel,” the 2011 futuristic action movie starring Hugh Jackman and Evangeline Lilly, will be shown at Aiea Public Library on Thursday, February 9 at 5:30 p.m. The free screening will be conducted in the Meeting Room.
“Real Steel” is a high-tech boxing story featuring 8-foot-tall, 2,000 pound steel robots that battle-it-out in the ring. According to Betsy Sharkey, Los Angeles Times film critic, “‘Real Steel’ is ‘Rocky’ with robots that look like ‘Transformers,’ managed by a ‘Raging Bull’ washout in need of a ‘Cinderella Man’ comeback that’s complicated by ‘The Champ’ and ‘Paper Moon’ sorts of parent-child issues, with a sweet bit of ‘Wall-E’-styled scrap metal who never pulls his punches.” “Real Steel” is rated PG-13.
The Friends of Aiea Public Library is sponsoring the program which is suitable for ages 12 and older. Refreshments will be served while supplies last.
Contact the Library as soon as possible if a sign language interpreter or other special accommodation is needed.
Aiea Public Library is located at 99-143 Moanalua Road. For more information, please call the Library at 483-7333
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waipahu Library Reopens July 15: AC Replacement Project Done
- Learn About Permaculture and Foodscaping at Mililani Library on July 12
- Learn About Polynesian Navigation Techniques at Wahiawa Library on July 9
- Waipahu Library Closes for Air Conditioner Replacement Project Starting July 8
- Special Fourth of July Kick-off Event at Wahiawa Library on July 3
- See Ewa Beach Library's Movie Mondays including "The Lego Movie"
- Wealth Managing Partners, Inc. tees off to help ill children of Hawaii
- Woman and three children escape unhurt as fire destroys their Ewa home
- Motorcyclist in stable condition after colliding with vehicle in Ewa Beach
- Ewa Makai Middle School Principal named as finalist in $25,000 School Leadership Award