Leeward Residents Today Have New Urgent Care Medical Center | Health
The following information is provided by Rep. Kymberly Marcos Pine:
Pearl City Urgent Care (PCUC) opened for medical care services today. The new unit opened officially just over two weeks following the announcement of Hawaii Medical Center's (HMC) closure. PCUC is staffed by emergency physicians and nurse practitioners and is welcoming area patients to mitigate and prevent overcrowding of other emergency rooms and physicians' offices.
Pearl City Urgent Care offers the following services: urgent care, digital x-ray services, lab work, occupational health and workers' compensation, back-to-work physicals, sports and school physicals, drug testing and trauma care.
Representative Kymberly Pine (District 43 – Ewa Beach, Iroquois Point, Puuloa) attended the PCUC Grand Opening. "This is clearly great news for residents of the Leeward Coast after the heartbreaking loss of our neighborhood hospital, Hawaii Medical Center – West. In addition to this new care center benefiting patients, I am so happy to see former employees of HMC, recently out of work, find new employment at this urgent care center."
"This should give some hope and peace of mind to the residents of the Leeward Coast who have been upset and anxious at the prospect of losing the convenient medical care once provided by Hawaii Medical Center. Reopening a hospital at the HMC – West location remains to be my highest priority," Rep. Pine added.
Rep. Kymberly Marcos Pine is the Republican Floor Leader in the State House. She represents District 43 (Ewa Beach, Iroquois Point, Puuloa).Pearl City Urgent Care is located at 1245 Kuala Street in Pearl City. For more information about PCUC, please call (808) 456-2273 or visit www.pearlcityurgentcare.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waipahu Library Reopens July 15: AC Replacement Project Done
- Learn About Permaculture and Foodscaping at Mililani Library on July 12
- Learn About Polynesian Navigation Techniques at Wahiawa Library on July 9
- Waipahu Library Closes for Air Conditioner Replacement Project Starting July 8
- Special Fourth of July Kick-off Event at Wahiawa Library on July 3
- Malama Learning Center to host Lauhala Weaving for Beginners workshop
- See Ewa Beach Library's Movie Mondays including "The Lego Movie"
- Wealth Managing Partners, Inc. tees off to help ill children of Hawaii
- Woman and three children escape unhurt as fire destroys their Ewa home
- Motorcyclist in stable condition after colliding with vehicle in Ewa Beach
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable
- Kaneohe Library Offers Free July Events and Screening of "Lego Movie"