Leeward Residents Today Have New Urgent Care Medical Center | Health
The following information is provided by Rep. Kymberly Marcos Pine:
Pearl City Urgent Care (PCUC) opened for medical care services today. The new unit opened officially just over two weeks following the announcement of Hawaii Medical Center's (HMC) closure. PCUC is staffed by emergency physicians and nurse practitioners and is welcoming area patients to mitigate and prevent overcrowding of other emergency rooms and physicians' offices.
Pearl City Urgent Care offers the following services: urgent care, digital x-ray services, lab work, occupational health and workers' compensation, back-to-work physicals, sports and school physicals, drug testing and trauma care.
Representative Kymberly Pine (District 43 – Ewa Beach, Iroquois Point, Puuloa) attended the PCUC Grand Opening. "This is clearly great news for residents of the Leeward Coast after the heartbreaking loss of our neighborhood hospital, Hawaii Medical Center – West. In addition to this new care center benefiting patients, I am so happy to see former employees of HMC, recently out of work, find new employment at this urgent care center."
"This should give some hope and peace of mind to the residents of the Leeward Coast who have been upset and anxious at the prospect of losing the convenient medical care once provided by Hawaii Medical Center. Reopening a hospital at the HMC – West location remains to be my highest priority," Rep. Pine added.
Rep. Kymberly Marcos Pine is the Republican Floor Leader in the State House. She represents District 43 (Ewa Beach, Iroquois Point, Puuloa).Pearl City Urgent Care is located at 1245 Kuala Street in Pearl City. For more information about PCUC, please call (808) 456-2273 or visit www.pearlcityurgentcare.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Attend DVD, CD and Cookbook Sale at Waipahu Library on March 22
- Hear Storyteller Share Stories & Music of Ireland at Mililani Library
- Attend American Jazz and Bossa Nova Music Workshop at Mililani Library
- RevoluSun presents Free Neighborhood Solar Q&A event for Wahiawa Residents on November 16
- RevoluSun presents Free Neighborhood Solar Q&A event for Waipahu Residents on November 20
- Celebrate National Library Week - See Double Feature at Ewa Beach Library on April 14
- Ewa Beach Crush Football/Cheer
- See Two Free Movies at Ewa Beach Library on February 24
- Learn More About Navigating Through New Solar Rules at a Free Solar Open House in Ewa Beach
- Emergency responders to conduct training exercises in Ewa