Boy confesses to setting Navy housing fires | News
PEARL CITY, Hawaii (AP) - A 12-year-old boy has confessed to setting fires at an Oahu Navy housing complex.
Police say the boy turned himself in Thursday and confessed to starting two fires and attempting to ignite a third over the weekend at the complex on the Pearl City Peninsula.
The Honolulu Star-Advertiser (http://ow.ly/cohrU ) reports two fires caused $94,000 damage to homes, which affected a total off 11 people.
The Navy dependent juvenile was questioned after police found a spray-painted message suggesting arson was involved.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mililani Library Offers Special Events and Award-winning Movie in June
- Wahiawa Library Offers Free Events and Taiko Performance this Summer
- Army to host July 4th event for military members, families
- Geobunga hosts free water features workshop, June 8
- Keiki Bicycle Safety Rodeo at Kapolei Library on May 18