Stadium Stars Now Accepting Applications | News
Calling all high school or college students interested in learning and developing the basics in sports announcing. The Stadium Stars program and Hawaii Sports Program, which started in 1994 has been a stepping stone for Hawaii's teens to learn the game while taking the opportunity to experience the "behind the scenes" footwork, is now accepting applications.
Stadium Stars participants obtain valuable "on the job" lessons through developing pre-game preparation, calling live high school games, and working as a team to deliver a successful game plan. As a special family memento, Stadium Stars events are available for purchase on DVD through the Stadium. For more information on this great mentoring program, call the Aloha Stadium at (808) 483-7133 or email Samantha Spain at Samantha.L.Spain@hawaii.gov.
Located in Central Oahu, the Aloha Stadium is Hawaii's largest outdoor arena, home to the University of Hawaii Warriors football team and the annual NFL Pro Bowl. In addition, the Aloha Stadium hosts a multitude of events attracting visitors from around the State including soccer matches, concerts, car shows, fairs and the ever popular Aloha Stadium Swap Meet & Marketplace. Visit www.alohastadium.hawaii.gov for more information.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Keiki Bicycle Safety Rodeo at Kapolei Library on May 18
- HSPLS Continues Internet PC Reservations Upgrade: 6 Oahu Libraries Start May 13
- Mayor Caldwell announces town hall meeting schedule
- Wahiawa Library Will Offer New Thursday Evening Storytime Starting April 18
- Learn About Medicare Abuse Prevention at Two Oahu Libraries in April and May