Six homeless after fire destroys Pearl City home | News
PEARL CITY (HawaiiNewsNow) -- Six people are homeless after a fire destroyed their Pearl City home Friday afternoon.
It happened on Hoolauna Street around 12:43 p.m. Firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading to neighboring homes. Crews managed to get the flames under control by 1:17 p.m.
Honolulu Fire Captain Terry Seelig says damage to the house is estimated at $400,000.
Seelig says three people were inside the home when the fire started, they all managed to get out of the house without injury.
The American Red Cross is helping the six who lived in the home.
Investigators say it appears the fire started in one of the three bedrooms. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Keiki Bicycle Safety Rodeo at Kapolei Library on May 18
- HSPLS Continues Internet PC Reservations Upgrade: 6 Oahu Libraries Start May 13
- Mayor Caldwell announces town hall meeting schedule
- Wahiawa Library Will Offer New Thursday Evening Storytime Starting April 18
- Learn About Medicare Abuse Prevention at Two Oahu Libraries in April and May