Man in stable condition following police standoff in Salt Lake | News
SALT LAKE (HawaiiNewsNow) - A man is in stable condition following an 11-hour police standoff in Salt Lake.
The incident started at about 5:30 p.m. Monday at the Radford Terrace military housing neighborhood located on McCurry Place.
Honolulu police surrounded a duplex in the neighborhood after the 36-year-old man refused to come out of his home.
Police say the man was barricaded with a knife, being threatening and combative.
A negotiator in contact with the man was able to pull him out of the residence at about 4:15 a.m.
Residents were asked to voluntarily evacuate their homes due to safety reasons. They were able to return to their homes at about 4:30 a.m.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Keiki Bicycle Safety Rodeo at Kapolei Library on May 18
- HSPLS Continues Internet PC Reservations Upgrade: 6 Oahu Libraries Start May 13
- Mayor Caldwell announces town hall meeting schedule
- Wahiawa Library Will Offer New Thursday Evening Storytime Starting April 18
- Learn About Medicare Abuse Prevention at Two Oahu Libraries in April and May